College students are invited to join AAF-Greater Evansville at the reduced membership rate of just $10 per year. Membership is required to apply for AAF-Greater Evansville scholarships. Additionally, a limited number of student members can attend the AAF-Greater Evansville monthly luncheon meetings at no cost thanks to the generous support of individual members and member agencies. AAF-Greater Evansville luncheon meetings present speakers that offer a chance for students to learn about careers, current trends and new developments in the advertising industry. Membership and attendance at AAF-Greater Evansville meetings are a great way to network, and members are very interested in sharing their knowledge with students who want to pursue careers in advertising and related fields. AAF-Greater Evansville also encourages students to get involved in our organization by serving on committees such as the Annual Auction, Programs, Public Service and the ADDYs.
The AAF-Greater Evansville awards scholarships to deserving high school and/or college students yearly in May. Over the past 36 years, AAF-Greater Evansville has distributed over $105,000 in scholarship awards. To be eligible, students must be members of the AAF-Greater Evansville and plan to pursue a career in advertising, marketing, public relations or graphic design. The application deadline varies yearly, but is typically in early April. Interested applicants can contact their high school or college advisor for more details. Applications are also available by clicking the links below.
College requirements for application are:
1) The applicant must be in his/her Sophomore or Junior year.
2) The declared Major must be Advertising, Marketing, Public Relations or Graphic Design.
3) The student must have a 3.25 GPA in his/her Major.
4) The applicant must have a student membership in AAF-Greater Evansville.
(Application for membership along with dues may be submitted along with scholarship application.)
Click here to download scholarship form
High School requirements for application are:
1) The applicant must be in his/her Senior year.
2) The applicant must plan to pursue a career in advertising, marketing, public relations or graphic design.
For all applicants:
- The AAF-Greater Evansville Scholarship Committee also requests the results of the Financial Aid Form and a copy of the student’s high school or college transcript (see application).
- Applicants must complete a one-page essay telling AAF-Greater Evansville more about themselves, and why they need this scholarship.
- AAF-Greater Evansville Scholarship Committee members may request an interview with selected candidates to make the final scholarship recipient selection(s).